Saturday, September 19, 2020

Equally In Love | Wenrene


"You're dating for almost 3 months already and I just found out about that now. Wow! Such great best friend you are! You've been doing well hiding it so what changed your mind?" Jennie said slightly offended at the secrecy. She learned about the girlfriend thing when Joohyun mistakenly sent 'I miss you, Seungwan' message to her. She was completely astonished and hurriedly pressed the call on her phone to make her best friend explain, reason why they are here now in their favorite cafe. At first Joohyun made up excuses but Jennie was no fool and threatened her that she'll hunt down this 'Seungwan' and she will show her Joohyun's high school photos with wacky faces if they don't meet up soon. Joohyun gave a clear schedule to meet right after. 


"It's not like we see each other all the time, Jennie. We're both busy. " 


Joohyun and Jennie were childhood best friends. They went to the same school since kinder and they both made a pact to puruse their dreams in becoming popular actresses one day and they did.


"Even so. We've been talking over the phone constantly. Did it ever crossed your mind that it's actually possible to share news there?"


"Whatever. I just want to share it personally to you, my dear best friend. Like now."


"Tch. Excuses. If you didn't accidentaly send me that message this meeting would not even occur. I know you so well." Jennie kept giving her an annoyed look. 


"Whatever." 


"Don't whatever me, Hyun. I need to know everything. EVERYTHING or I'll give Seungwan the photos I brought with me." Jennie smirked.


"What?! You really thought this through, huh? Ugh. You know, you won't need that since I'm gonna tell you everything anyway." 


"So while we're waiting for your girlfriend to come and meet me, would you mind telling me about her first? How did you meet her?"


"I met her while I was filming One Patty. (A/N: Yes I changed Double Patty into One.) Seungwan on the script was my coworker in a fastfood chain." Joohyun responded right away. 


"Oh, she's an actress too? How come the name doesn't sound familiar?" 


"Uhm.. not a screen actress but theater. She was only active in musical theater during college days though."


"Musical? That must have been difficult for Seungwan to tone down her acting then. How did she got in?"


"It's not like she really wanted to get in, you know. One of the cast got hospitalized and was not able to go to our filming location, so the casting director and director Kim himself decided to just pick a replacement right there and then. They were strict with the release date of the movie and he believes the timeline of editing shouldn't compromise to timeline of filming  so they resolved to that."


"So your girlfriend came to the rescue?"


"Yup, she did. Director Kim called Seungwan, who was living near our filming location. There was no time to hold screening anymore or to call out other actors he knew as they all reside far away. There was no choice but to take a risk with Seungwan at that time."


"That was nice of your girlfriend though."


"I know! She's too nice that sometimes it's painful to watch. I had to protect her from people who always want to take advantage of her." 


"Ooh. Heroic Joohyun, how smexy!"


"Shut up! I had to do it." 


"Anyways, how did Seungwan captured THE Irene Bae Joohyun's heart? Who did the first move? Seungwan, right?"


Joohyun recalled their story and it brought a smile to her face instantly. Jennie watching her can't help but smile too, she knew right away that Joohyun changed drastically. She really fell in love and this time it was a real thing. It was her first time to see Joohyun looked genuinely happy just thinking about her lover. Jennie got even more curious in Seungwan, she must be so special to make her best friend act like this.



5 months ago...and Joohyun's 2nd month in filming One Patty...


"Everyone, this is my niece Seungwan. She'll be helping us filling in one of the sub character's role. Please let her be under your guidance since we need her to do not fall behind the schedule." The director shouted for everyone to hear but after they got the news, they all dispersed in their own tents leaving Seungwan alone.


Joohyun also wanted to do the same as everyone, not caring about the newbie since she felt not responsible for her. Besides, the newbie seemed like she doesn't need help. However, despite wanting to mind her own business and ignore Seungwan, she found herself unable to do so. Joohyun watched the girl from a distance, she was calm in reading her script like she already knew what she's doing. Curious and amused by Seungwan's confidence, Joohyun miraculously approached her first.


"Hi. Are you fine with your lines? Do you need help?" Joohyun asked professionally. 


"Oh." Seungwan reacted shortly. She immediately stood up and bowed to Joohyun. "Thanks for asking and yeah I kinda don't know how this works. I don't know why uncle asked me to do this either since he's very much like a perfectionist when it comes to his work though. But I understood the urgency in his voice when he called me that's why I had no other choice but to agree to his request." Seungwan laughed and Joohyun could feel the oozing friendliness from her which made her instantly feel comfortable. It was a rare case for Joohyun but she did not question herself further.


"I'm sure there's a reason why director... uhmm.. your Uncle trusted you on this. Maybe you have experience similar to acting?" Joohyun surprised herself with her curiosity towards Seungwan. 


"I do musicals but that's way back college. It's been years." 


"That must be it then. Your work here is not the same as in musicals but it's close considering that you still get to act minus the singing part and exaggerated movements of course. Just keep it natural. Don't be nervous, I bet you'll do well more than any other newbie actors out there." 


"Wow thank you. That really lift up my spirits... Ms...." Seungwan offered a hand to meet Joohyun's as a form of introduction and it dawned to Joohyun that Seungwan was not familiar with her despite being a celebrity. She grew even more intrigued with her since it was unexpected to meet someone who doesn't know her.


"Joohyun. Bae Joohyun." She decided to give her birth name instead of her screen name. She shake hands with her and immediately noticed how warm Seungwan's hands were. 


"A beautiful name for a beautiful lady, Ms. Joohyun. A pleasure to meet you." Seungwan said while smiling and that's when Joohyun felt something changed deep within. She smiled back. 


"What the heck! That was so greasy! Did she just flirt with you? Did she kissed your hand after she said those words? I wouldn't be surprised if she really did." Jennie commented making Joohyun laugh miserably. 


"Of course she didn't. Anyways that was nothing, Jennie. You just wait and meet her so you could tell that she's naturally greasy. That's one of the reason I can't let her be alone with anyone though, she's a natural flirt." Joohyun said releasing a huff. 


"Jealous Hyun spotted. Pang!" Jennie fired a finger gun. "You sure that Seungwan's not a player?" 


"No. I mean, she's just like that. It's part of her personality that I can't change." 


"Sounds like a headache to me though. So now tell me how did she warmed your stone-cold heart?" Jennie joked earning an immediate glare from Joohyun.



"CUT!" Director Kim shouted. Everyone was pushed to their limits as they try to catch up with their tight schedule and that makes it even harder for Seungwan to act naturally. The girl was really not good in working under pressure reason why she's having a hard time to express the emotions her character needed. 


"How many times do we need to repeat that scene? Come on Seungwan, you're better than this! At least recall your skills when you were in college!" The director called out for the nth time and he finally got frustrated and walked out of the scene to calm himself.


"It seems like director Kim got really mad. Why did he get a person without exposure to real acting anyways? It's his fault." The producer 1 said. 


"I don't see anything special with that Seungwan at all for her to be part of the cast." The producer 2 said.


Those and a lot more comments circulated in their filming location which is inevitable for all the cast including Seungwan not to hear. Seungwan felt bad about it so she excused herself to contemplate on her acting in her tent. Joohyun who observed her from afar followed her.


"You shouldn't beat yourself because the director got mad, you know? It's not your fault." Joohyun said as she saw Seungwan sulking in the corner while still holding her script.


"It is my fault. I should have not agreed to this in the first place. I just wanted to help though." Seungwan looked up to meet Joohyun's eyes. She was not crying but Joohyun could feel the sadness she was feeling at that time.


"You were made to agree to that. The director called you because he knew you wouldn't reject him. It's his fault."


"And how could you say that? You don't even know me." Seungwan asked and made her second statement almost inaudible but Joohyun was too focused on her to not hear it.


"It's true I don't know you but I just could tell. I can feel you're genuinely good inside that's why you're here." Joohyun approached Seungwan and tapped her shoulder which made the latter looked like she was moved from those words. "And since you are here, there's no going back now. I still hold onto the director's decision of picking you not because he had no choice but because he sees potential in you, Ms. Musical." She smiled and that made Seungwan do the same. 


Joohyun, who's known to be the independent and hardworking actress when rehearsing her own lines, became that someone who helped her co-artist first to rehearse her own. It was a rare occasion but Joohyun was too focused on Seungwan's acting that she didn't bother to question herself further again.


After they resume filming the next day and took Seungwan's scene, the director highly praised her for an excellent work and because of that the whole crew and artists were clapping for her. The negative comments before turned to positive. Joohyun on the other hand felt proud and wore that smug look on her face when her manager tapped her on the back and looked at her as if she knew that Joohyun has something to do with Seungwan's improvement. 


After Seungwan, it was already Joohyun's part to take so they were not able to celebrate the outcome of their combined effort together. Seungwan watched her from a distance and Joohyun was aware of it which motivates her to do well. To impress someone was something Joohyun didn't bother to do, but it was a rare occasion to have someone she likes to watch her act so.... wait... what? "like?" 


"Okay we're gonna start now! Focus!" The director shouted that made Joohyun's questions left unanswered.


"She's great isn't she?" Seungwan heard someone asked from her side. She didn't realize she already got some company. She was too drawn to how Joohyun was acting, 'great' is somewhat like an understatement for that.


"Uhm.. yeah.. it's my first time to actually witness actions on set."


"Anyways, I approached you to say congratulations on the job well done earlier. You have potential." She winked and then smiled at Seungwan. "I guess you're not familiar with showbiz. I'm Sana. Sana Minatozaki." 


Seungwan almost popped her eyes out at the realization of this new acquaintance. The person in front of her was Sana Minatozaki, the female protagonist of a popular drama her mom was so crazy talking about. Sure she has no likings for any kdrama but there's no way she wouldn't know how famous that name was. She have heard that name a lot of times from her mother and maybe took a glimpse of some episode with her. She may not be familiar with her face, but she knows the name.


"Nice to meet you, Sana. I'm Seungwan." She smiled back, amazed to be beside a popular celebrity. "Wow! My mom's a huge fan of your drama! Can I get a sign so I could gift it to her?" 


Sana chuckled at the excitement Seungwan's voice emits. "Of course! Let's take a selfie for your mom too." She offered which made Seungwan even more excited.


"That's so generous of you. I'll take that offer!" 


Seungwan immediately took out her phone and they position themselves shoulder to shoulder, preparing for the selfie. Sana latched on to Seungwan which made the latter surprised, confused by the sudden closeness as she was only expecting to do some v-sign or heart fingers together or Sana putting one arm on her shoulder as the closest contact. She did not expect Sana's arms to snake around her waist and her head resting on her shoulder. No, she wasn't expecting this. 


"Go on! Take it." Sana smiled like nothing's weird with their position so Seungwan proceed the selfie with her stretched hand. 


"T-thanks Sana, I'm sure my mom would love it." Seungwan said while she tries to escape from Sana's tight grip on her waist.


"I hope I made you happier though." 


"W-what?!" Seungwan gasped. Thankfully she saw Joohyun approaching them, however she looked furious and ready to battle a great war. She thought whether she'll actually be saved if she'll ask for her help or not but...


"JOOHYUN!" Seungwan called out anyway. It was so loud that made Joohyun paced up from walking to running towards them and it made Sana moved back in fear.


"What was that cry for?" Sana asked to Seungwan while pouting. 


"Not everyone is immune to your flirting, Sana. Back off!" Joohyun said annoyed, her arms crossed above her chest.


Seungwan on the other hand apologized to Sana and she could only hope that it didn't hurt her feelings for wanting to get away from her. "S-sorry. I just needed to say something to Joohyun so I called out loud. We'll be going now! Thanks for the selfie!" She lied and hurriedly took Joohyun out of Sana's sight. 


"How come you want to take a photo with Sana and not with me?!" Joohyun blurted out the moment they reached her tent. Seungwan at first, thought that she was leading the way after they escaped from Sana but Joohyun dragged her as if in a hurry to punish her of doing something unforgivable.


"I-uhm.. mom's a huge fan of her drama so I asked for a signatu--" She stopped as she remembered something. "Wait! Her signature!!!" Out of initial reaction, Seungwan was about to dash out of the tent and ask for her original request from Sana but was swiftly stopped by Joohyun.


"You literally called out for help to me like a baby and you'll go back to her like that?! Are you stupid?!" Joohyun was on fire.


"Oh, sorry. You're right, I shouldn't go there! But hey I'm not stupid!!" Seungwan got slightly annoyed at the comment, nobody has ever called her that. She's straight A's back in school all the way for a reason and stupidity surely isn't that.


"Yes you are! I hate you!" 


"Wait, what?! Now you hate me. Why are you so worked up?" Seungwan was really confused. "Is it because of the picture? I told you my mom was a fan!" She answered yet again as if trying to prove something, but against what? Why is Joohyun so upset? They were okay earlier. 


"It's not just that! You're obviously letting her touch you! I saw it!!" Joohyun was already shaking in anger and Seungwan feels fear and concern.


"No, I did not!" 


"Yes, you did!" 


"Did not!"


"You did!"


"You weren't even there!" 


"So I was right?" 


"What?!! No! I didn't say you were!"


"You stopped denying it!" 


Seungwan felt like crying. This is going to be endless non sense argument now that the other is obviously not listening to her. Why does she have to defend herself anyway, she could just get away from her and not see her. They've just known each other shortly anyway. So why?


Seungwan sighed deeply to calm herself. "Okay, so what do you want me to do? Let's stop fighting, please?" She raised her flag.


Joohyun pouted and turned her back away from Seungwan. She also tries to calm herself . Why is she so worked up about it anyway? Seungwan's question was sinking in, and her heart's loudness finally heard.


Seungwan felt bad on the other hand, Joohyun's accusations to her were all wrong but somehow she felt responsible for making her like this. Wanting to fix whatever between them now, she listened to her instinct and embraced Joohyun. Like an electricity overflowed, Joohyun gasped at the sensation.


The warmth from Joohyun's heart let her turn around and succumb to the comforts of Seungwan's embrace. Her frustrations, jealousy and bad mood in general went all away instantly. 


Seungwan smiled as she felt Joohyun melted in her embrace. It's though as if their bodies perfectly fit each other. It felt so nice.


"Can we stay like this?" Joohyun muffled. It was a question that reveals her heart's true desire and Seungwan miraculously read what it meant. 


"I'd love too." 


"I love you too." Joohyun shyly confessed trying to dig her face to Seungwan's neck.


Seungwan chuckled. "I think you heard me wrong." She then earned a hit to her chest. 


"This is pretty much fast-paced and early for me to say those words though. It's not like I was the one who got love at first sight." 


"Yah!" 


"It's the truth though. It's fast-paced, you don't even know if I have a girlfriend or not." 


That made Joohyun jumped out from their intimacy and looked at her wide-eyed. "Y-you do?!" 


And that's when Seungwan started laughing crazily, Joohyun's reaction was priceless.  


"I don't have one unless you agree to be one." She earned a pinch on her side. "Ah! What was that for?!"


"Seriously, don't play around."


"I'm not."


"I was the one who made the first move but it's you asking me out?"


"Excuse you, it was your jealousy who made the first move." Seungwan giggled.


"Yah!" 


"So, Joohyun let's give it a try?"


"I date to marry not just to try."


Seungwan grinned like a fool, Joohyun was flushed red and acting like a baby. "Anything for you, bae."



"Pwahahahaha!"Jennie laughed crazily once she heard Joohyun's story. She found it funny because she knew how much of a diva Joohyun was. It was always Joohyun being chased and confessed to and not the other way around. And 'date to marry'?, Joohyun never settled for one releationship in a span of a year. This was something new for her. 


"Stop at laughing, will you? This is one of the reasons why I hid this from you." Irene said embarrassed. She had expected this reaction from her.


"Sorry! It's just so unbelievable that you did that. I mean, wow! Just wow! You started approaching her like a cool sunbae but you have dark plans." Jennie wiped the tears that formed at the corner of her eyes because of laughing too much.


"It's not like I planned everything in the first place, you know. Stop accusing me."


"You never confessed nor fell so easily like that. You never show jealousy either as you strongly believe that it's a form of weakness and you don't want to show that to your previous lovers for them to celebrate. What happened to that belief? You went all out because of this Seungwan."


"Whatever. It's seriously one of my problems now. I feel like I've changed because of her. I want to return to my old self! Help me Jennie!" Joohyun aggressively clasped Jennie's hands together for some help and it made the latter realize how deep her friend fell this time. So she took this seriously.


"It's not like you can return to your old self that easily now, you know. But there's a way to escape it."


"Really? Then what is it? I'll do anything."


"Break up with her."


Joohyun looked at her like she lost her mind. "What are you saying? No! Why would I do that? I won't because I can't."


"Exactly my point, Joohyun. You can't, so just deal with it. Love isn't something you can control to feed your ego. You need to learn how to consider your partner's feelings as well. It's not always about you."


"Wow. Coming from Kim Jennie."


"I've already changed because of Jisoo, Joohyun." She laughed. "Just accept it that you can no longer return to your old self. Trust me, it's for the better. Besides, it's not like Seungwan was the one who forced you to be jealous or confess or make a move, it was all you. Instead of minding a problem like that, why don't you put all that energy in taking care of Seungwan or protect her from admirers coz she seems like a nice catch considering how you fell that easily."


Joohyun sighed. "I'm going crazy about her."


"I know. I can tell. You just can't stop your feelings. Just go with it and enjoy it. What stopping you anyway?" 


Joohyun sighed yet again. "I feel like I'm falling for her way too deep everyday. I want so see her always. I want to feel her. I can't stop thinking about her! I think I'm going crazy!! Is this normal, Jennie?"


After hearing her question, Jennie seriously wanted to laugh out loud. She has not seen Joohyun so problematic over some case of love. She wanted to tease her for it but she knew it'll be rude as Joohyun was desperately seeking for an advice. She's seemed truly troubled.


"It's normal to feel that way to the one you love. You really tend to feel the extremes." Jennie finally said.


"But we're only 3 months old together. I mean you know... is it really okay to feel this way?"


"That's basically the honeymoon stage of your relationship. It happens, wait till you get out that stage and let's see if you feel the same. But why are you asking as if it's your first ever relationship?" Jennie looked at her puzzled. Joohyun is already 29 years old and had been into several relationships before, reason why Jennie didn't expect her friend to be this oblivious.


"But I've never felt something like this to anyone before. It's just Seungwan." Joohyun confessed.


"PWAHAHAHAHA!" 


And there Jennie can't hold her laughter anymore especially with this kind of honest Joohyun who's feeding her entertainment.


"YAH!!!' Joohyun shouted embarrassed, she was about to retaliate when the love of her life entered the cafe. "Seungwan, here!" She waved her hand immediately for her lover to see them. Jennie on the other hand composed herself and refrained from laughing. 


"Hey babe." Seungwan greeted happily her girlfriend and kissed her cheeks. An action that made Jennie amazed because she knew Joohyun never liked PDA before but there was no violent reaction from her.


Jennie looked at her bestfriend and she knew her presence was already forgotten all because of Seungwan.


"Ahem." She cleared her throat gaining attention from Seungwan. 


"Oh! Jennie! Hi! It's nice to finally meet you in person." She offered handshake which Jennie gladly took.


"Hello. I'm surprised you already know me." Jennie responded considering the story of this girl being clueless in showbiz. She must have had her research beforehand . 


"Of course, Joohyun said great things about you."


"Well that's expected. Everything's great about me." She joked and when she saw Joohyun rolling her eyes, she decided to tease her and give her something to be nervous about. "Joohyun here said a lot of things about you too."


Joohyun looked at her with intent to choke her, giving her clear signs to shut up or die.


 "Really? What did she told you? I hope they are something nice." Seungwan smiled nervously.


"Now why don't you sit down first and maybe we could talk about it." Jennie giggled like an evil witch when she noticed the intensifying and threatening look her bestfriend's giving her.


Seungwan obeyed and sat beside Joohyun. Since then, Joohyun ignored everything and started clinging to her girlfriend's left arm. 


Jennie smiled to herself after witnessing that. 


"Both of you looked good together." She commented making Joohyun blushed. 


"Thank you. It's because my girlfriend's a real beauty. She always looked good to anyone she's with." Seungwan chuckled and Jennie mentally checked 'great personality' on her QA/QC requirements. Jennie honestly thought that Seungwan was really beautiful herself, such a humble being.


"But I only like to be with you. Not anyone else." Joohyun responded while eyes on Seungwan. She stressed out that fact to make her feelings clear.


After witnessing this, Jennie believed Joohyun's confession of being ignorant to her new feelings were real because it was indeed NEW. She had never seen Joohyun this expressive towards someone before despite the amount of people she has dated.


Jennie spent the whole time observing the two while they talk and eat their meal. She examined carefully Seungwan's words and actions towards Joohyun. She mentally listed: 


1. Seungwan's very shy in receiving multiple skinships from her girlfriend but didn't dare to move away from her. 


2. The loving gaze from Joohyun was immense and Jennie thought that anyone would feel uncomfortable, but Seungwan didn't complain. In fact whenever she catches Joohyun's gaze she would always smile and equally look at her like she meant the world to her. 


3. Despite a lot of topics were talked about between the three of them, Seungwan never forget to give compliments to Joohyun, she always find ways to make her feel loved and special.


Jennie summarized it that Joohyun is treated well and is in good hands. She could tell both of them are equally in love to each other and that's already enough to approve Seungwan for her bestfriend.


"So, Seungwan."


"Yeah?" Seungwan looked at her intently.


"When will be the marriage?"


Joohyun almost choked on her drink. "W-why are you asking that? I told you, we're only 3 months old together." 


Seungwan wiping and cleaning  the water that Joohyun's spat. 


"What?! Don't you think it's where everything would go anyway? Besides, you're already 29 Joohyun and Seungwan's 26. Wait, don't tell me you don't see your future with Seungwan?" Jennie faked gasping.


"What are you talking about!" Joohyun grew red and Seungwan was only laughing heartily at her reaction. "Of course I want to be with her forever, but we're still on our 3rd month. We wanted to just enjoy things, right?" She then turned at Seungwan. Contrary to what she had said, Joohyun secretly wanted to know her girlfriend's response to that as well.


"Yeah. She's right, Jennie. But don't worry, my parents like Joohyun already so we're one step closer to marriage right?" She laughed and Joohyun was beginning to get emotional.


"R-really?" Joohyun asked softly. 


"Of course. She's been a fan of yours before we even met. I didn't know that of course, I mean... I didn't know you were THE Irene Bae back then."


"What? You mean, you guys got together without knowing who Joohyun was back then?" Jennie this time was really shocked.


"Yeah. I did not know. I just discovered about it when I asked my mom to watch with me our movie and she literally dropped the pop corn when Joohyun appeared on screen. I was surprised by then. I didn't knew I was dating a popular actress Irene."


"There's no fun in telling you sooner." Joohyun giggled. 


"Wow! You're insane. You should open your eyes around your environment too, not just your ears Seungwan. Is being a math teacher of high school students really that bad?" Jennie commented.


Seungwan chuckled. "Not really. Maybe it's because I really am not interested with watching TV or dramas in particular that's why."


She tried to explain but both her companion look at her in disbelief.


Seungwan cleared her throat. "Anyways, going back to your first question, I don't know when will be the marriage yet."


"Yah! You don't have to answer her seriously you know. She's just teasing us." Joohyun said.


"Why? When we both dated I agreed to marry you right? You told me that you date not to try but to marry and I agreed to that, so I'll do so in the future with you."


"Aaw. You remembered. Seungwan, I love you!" Joohyun hugged her girlfriend tightly and kissed her non stop at the revelation. 


Meanwhile... 


"What is this? A proposal? Girls, the question was meant as a joke but hey I'm glad it turned out well."

6 comments:

  1. Sighhh i love itttt, wenrene is reaalllll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to believe that wenrene is real too. 😭

      Thanks for reading and dropping a comment! ☺

      Delete
  2. It's cute😊
    I really like your story 😊❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wuaaaahhhhh,i can tell how much seungwan love joohyun,

    I love it
    And thanks for the story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seungwan surely loves her Joohyun so much and vice versa too! πŸ’—πŸ’™

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Let me know what you think about the story! Thank you! -HW