Friday, July 3, 2020

Song Collaboration Proposals | Wenrene

A fine morning in the SM Dungeon, Irene and Seulgi gathered for a meeting with the staffs for their creative plans on their comeback stage, when their manager stirred a commotion after joining in late.


"Where were you?" One of the higher ups asked in a serious tone causing everyone in the room stiff.


"I'm sorry, Mr. Kim but there was a phone call directed to me by the company while I was on my way here. The talk was quite longer than expected so I had to stop somewhere else." The manager still bowed apologetically despite his reasons.


Irene and Seulgi only watched, worried for their manager but also worried that they would anger their bosses if they try to save him. They don't know what happened either so they just decide to stay quiet.


The boss sighed. "Sit down" He commanded and the manager obliged quickly. "What was it about?"


They are all gathered here for a different reason, but if the boss wanted to know something on the spot, he has the power to make it happen. The manager mentally noted to himself to never be late again, that is if he will be here again after their boss hears what happened in detail.


"Mr. Soo (one of their other bosses) said there was someone asking for a collaboration with our Wendy and asked me if Wendy's condition is already okay to take up some work."


Irene and Seulgi automatically smiled at the mention of their member's name. Irene was ecstatic.


"Come to think of it, we've been getting a lot of proposals from different artists locally and international. Our Wendy surely is in demand." The boss commented and for a few seconds he looked like he's been thinking deeply.


"We've been bombarded lately with love calls for our Wendy." Another higher ups joined in. 


"Love calls?" Irene questioned.


"They are for song collaboration proposals." The boss elaborated once she saw how stern Irene's face became.


"Oh." Is what Irene only said, relief shown on her face. Seulgi on the other hand, hit the side of Irene. A gesture saying 'calm your nerves, we don't want you both get exposed here'.


"We'll talk about that in another time. I'll accept your reason." The boss said to the manager and clapped his hands together. "So where were we?" He added making everyone focus again on their original purpose for this meeting. The manager was safe.


After 2 hours of meeting, Irene and Seulgi were on their way to their dorm when Irene started dialing certain someone on her phone. Seulgi put on her earphones, she knows she's about to hear some cheesy conversation and she wants to stay out of it. She have learned her lessons. 


"Hello?"  Greeted the person on the other line. Irene put her on speaker mode.


"Seungwan-ah, how are you feeling today?" Irene never let a day pass without asking this to Wendy. She's serious when it comes to her girlfriend's health and when the accident happened, her full recovery has been her priority ever since.


"I'm getting better as usual. I have the best caretaker, anyway." Wendy giggled and Irene can't help but feel proud.


"I'm not your caretaker, I'm your lovely girlfriend." 


"Of course, you are my lovely Joohyun unnie." 


The driver, who happened to be in his first time to drive the girls' van, looked at the rear-view mirror like he's seen a ghost. He couldn't believe there are still cheesy people like that on the planet. He then looked at the manager on the passenger seat, and just like Seulgi, he was also on his earphones. He now understood everything but as much as he wanted to put on his earphones like them, he isn't allowed to as it'll be very dangerous. Therefore, he just tried to focus his attention back to the road again. 


"Yah! Seungwan-ah! I want to write songs lately." Irene said as she remembered something.


"Oh. Really?" 


"I want to make music too."


Wendy, who knows her girlfriend all too well, knew where this is going. She must have heard about the new collaboration call. But Wendy wanted to play along, her girlfriend is way too cute.


"Then I want to sing your songs, unnie."


"Of course, you'll be forever my muse to the songs I'll create." Irene said confidently which earned a chuckle from Wendy.


"Really? Forever?" 


"Yup. Forever. I'll create music for you so your schedule would be full packed and you don't have to answer to any love calls."


Wendy bursted out laughing while Irene was flushed red. She already held it too long, it's about time Wendy know what's bothering her.


"I knew it. No wonder I smelled jealousy over here." 


"Yah! I'm not jealous, but why do they have to word it a love call when they could just say a call, or something else." Irene said with a huff.


"I don't know either but... you know unnie.. I'm really happy that other artists wanted to work with me for a song." 


Irene could genuinely feel how much Wendy was so happy over these collaboration proposals. Of course, she hasn't forgotten that her girlfriend is that someone who really loves to sing so she also look forward to opportunities like that for her. Everything that makes her Wendy happy, she will always be grateful. She might be jealous over petty things but, there is no way she wouldn't support her girlfriend on this.


"I can't wait to hear your newest songs with them too, Seungwan. I really love your voice."


"Thank you unnie. I can't wait for our luvies to hear them too, it's been a long time."


"It is." 


"So I guess, it's okay to respond to everyone's love calls then. For now?" Wendy smirked, turning playful again. She wanted to tease her girlfriend more.


"Just you make sure they are for song collaborations or else." Irene threatened and Wendy was sure there wasn't any tinge of playfulness from her tone. She gulped.


"O-of course unnie. What else could they be for?"


"I don't know. But I trust you anyway so I'll let you be. Was there any schedule set for the collabs yet?" 


"No schedule yet, but the manager said they are already talking about it with the higher ups."


"I see. There are plenty of them, are you gonna collab with them all?"


"I don't know, but I'd love to." Wendy said excitedly.


"Aw. My Seungwannie's going to be busy real soon, are you sure you'll be fine by then? Or do you want me to be there with you all the time? 'Coz I can." Irene offered, of course she knew Wendy's going to be alright by then as she was really recovering well now but she has double meaning in it. She wanted to be with her all the time to make sure no one's gonna make a move on her. Irene knows Wendy is too loveable that anyone would really like her so easily and it irks her sometimes. 


"Joohyun unnie, I thought you trust me!!!" Wendy whines, she reads her girlfriend like an open book. 


"I do! Just stop making people fall for you." Irene said sternly.


"You know, it's only you who I wanted to fall for me and oh boy, I'm glad I caught you." 


That's when the driver set his foot on the brakes in a sudden motion, making the passengers well aware now of their destination. They already arrived to their dorm. "Just right on time." The driver said to himself, there's no way he could survive to hear more from those two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about the story! Thank you! -HW